Korea Foundation Fellowship
Field Research Program
This fellowship support program is designed to encourage Korean Studies research by doctorate-level students and prominent scholars through the sponsorship of their visit to Korea so that they can conduct onsite field research, gather pertinent data, access resource materials, and develop personal relations with Korean specialists.
Doctorate-level students and scholars conducting research on Korean Studies or Korea-related comparative/case studies in the fields of the humanities, social sciences, culture and arts.
1) Doctoral candidate: An individual who has completed his/her requisite coursework and is in the process of writing his/her doctoral dissertation
2) Professor/specialist (doctorate-degree holder): Professor (assistant/associate/full professor) or professional researcher who seeks to conduct research/present lectures at a university or research institute in Korea.
• Applicants must be able to conduct their research in Korean or English.
• For Korean nationals, only those who have acquired permanent residency status in a foreign country or are serving in a regular faculty position at a university abroad are eligible to apply.
• An individual with the following circumstances is not eligible for consideration:
-Engaged in the study/specialization of such fields as the natural sciences, medicine, or engineering
-Currently studying or conducting research in Korea
-An individual who seeks to improve his/her Korean language ability or to attend regular courses at a university in Korea
-An individual who has received Korea Foundation Fellowship for Field Research program support within the past three years.
• The fellowship period approved by the Foundation may differ from the applicant’s proposed schedule.
Accommodations and research facilities for a fellow should be arranged by the individual fellow, in cooperation with his/her research affiliation institute. (The Korea Foundation will not provide housing accommodations for program fellows.)
Research-related basic study should be conducted before program application and fellows should work on their dissertations during the fellowship period.
• About 30 individuals are selected as program fellows each year
Application Deadline: September 30 2011
Application Screening and Notification of Results: November 30 2011
Field Research in Korea: January through December 2012
Korean Studies Department Contact Person Ho Jung Lee, e-mail: email@example.com
Korean Studies Department: Phone +82-2-2046-8580 Fax +82-2-3463-6075
Korean Studies Department Address: (137-863) The Korea Foundation, Diplomatic Building, 10th floor 2558 Nambusunhwanno, Seocho-gu, Seoul, Korea
Click on the below to read full Appliation
Guidelines for KF Field Research Fellowshio 2012
KF Fellowship Application: (Individual)
KF Fellowship Application: (Institutiion)